22-23 Ensembles & Courses
The Kawartha Youth Orchestra (KYO) runs annually from September through June.
2022-2023 Ensembles and Courses:
– JUNIOR (JKYO): small group instrument lessons for new musicians – Tuesdays 6:00-6:50 pm
– INTERMEDIATE (IKYO): entrance by placement audition; weekly ensemble orchestra for musicians with typically 2+ years of experience on their instrument – Thursdays 6:00-7:45 pm
– SENIOR (SKYO): entrance by placement audition; weekly ensemble orchestra with sectionals for accomplished musicians – Sundays 1:00-5:00 pm (exact schedule available after registration; each musician is typically present for 2 to 3 hours each Sunday)
– PERCUSSION ENSEMBLE: contact us to register; weekly small group percussion lessons and ensemble rehearsal; performs with SKYO. Sunday afternoons.
– COMPOSITION PROJECT: weekly from September through December. Registered students will compose and perform original pieces for small mixed instrument ensembles. Prior composing experience is not necessary. Registrants must have playing proficiency on their instrument. This pilot program is intended for SKYO musicians; interested JKYO and IKYO musicians should seek Artistic Director approval (email@example.com). Tuesdays 7:00-8:00 pm
NEW MUSICIANS: Placement auditions for most new musicians are held live on September 8th and 9th. Details are emailed to all musicians following submission of the audition registration form found on the page below.