KYO operates two program streams:
- The Orchestras, a fee-based, tiered orchestra-training program for instrumentalists aged 8-28 years. The Orchestras consist of the Junior (JKYO), Intermediate (IKYO) and Senior (SKYO) Orchestras.
- UPBEAT! Downtown, a subsidized after-school music education program for Peterborough children who face barriers.
The following part-time positions are open for immediate application (July 2022):
- UPBEAT! DOWNTOWN Senior Teaching Artist Violin
- UPBEAT! DOWNTOWN Senior Teaching Artist Viola
- UPBEAT! DOWNTOWN Senior Teaching Artist Cello
- UPBEAT! DOWNTOWN Teaching Artist Music Theory
- UPBEAT! DOWNTOWN Orchestra Assistant
- UPBEAT! DOWNTOWN Administrative Assistant
- KYO Social Media & Media Design Contractor (Service Contract)
- IKYO Upper Strings Coach
- IKYO Lower Strings Coach
- IKYO Brass Coach
- JKYO Violin Instructor
- JKYO Low Brass Instructor
- Percussion Ensemble Conductor
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We welcome applications to multiple positions, provided scheduling does not conflict. When applying please indicate which position(s) you are applying for. Applications are open until positions are filled. We anticipate beginning to review applications August 15.
KYO is a Living Wage Employer, paying a minimum of $18.35/hr, which is the living wage in the Peterborough area.