March 11, 2022 – COVID Update
We thank you for your patience and understanding over the past 10 weeks while we’ve remained online and negotiated the Omicron variant of COVID-19. We are pleased to share that KYO will return to in-person activities beginning Sunday, March 20, 2022.
The health and safety of KYO members continues to be our top priority. We have developed a plan that meets public health standards and aligns with best practices that reflect our current and evolving health environment.
Here is the current KYO COVID-19 Wellness Plan, effective March 11, 2022:
- Stay home if you have any signs of illness
- COVID vaccination is strongly recommended
- Upon arrival complete and pass the Wellness questionnaire before entering the KYO venue
- Wear a mask over nose and mouth; KYO will provide masks as necessary
- Sanitize your hands
KYO will host all programs at our rehearsal home at All Saints’ Anglican Church Parish Hall (located at Rubidge and Sherbrooke in Peterborough).
- UPBEAT! Downtown operates Tuesday – Thursday afternoons from 4:00-5:45pm during the school year
- JKYO rehearses Wednesday evenings from 6:00-7:30pm
- IKYO rehearses Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:45pm
- SKYO rehearses Sunday afternoons from 1:00-5:00pm (staggered arrival/departure)
KYO retains the ability to flexibly, and as necessary, provide synchronous remote rehearsal attendance for individuals required to self-isolate or, at the direction of Peterborough Public Health or Ontario Health, shift to fully online program delivery. We’ve implemented these plans to prioritize a safe learning environment, and are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have (please email KYO@KawarthaYouthOrchestra.org).